Sunday, July 27, 2008

Strawberry Shortcake---The common bond









Mommy's original Strawberry Shortcakes---Kaitlyn loves them.
So, I decided to let Kaitlyn pull out Mommy's Strawberry Shortcakes that still had their smell to them in the origninal strawberry case. My dad was totally against this one but.....as all moms do I caved. Kaitlyn thinks she has the coolest strawberry shortcake dolls ever. As I smile watching her play with them I just remember when I got them as a child (even though I did not play with dolls) I knew they would be loved one day.....thank you mom and dad!











2 comments:

erica said...

That's so sweet. I can't think of anything better to do with your treasured dolls than give them to your daughter. That makes them even more special. I am also from the strawberry shortcake generation.

Mindy said...

yes, I too have handed down some of my toys to my kids. They think it's really cool to play with mom's ancient toys!