Monday, August 9, 2010

Ms. Molly

Oh Heir to Molly!!!
Molly is a reciprocate to the family heir loom......NOT!
Just a family battle. My family decided years ago that we all have enough throughout the year so, why is it necessary to give gifts at Christmas that no one would want anyway.
Family idea: purchase one gift that will be equal to a male or female......YEAH Right! My family is way to competitive. It doesn't matter if it is a teddy bear or the most wonderful flash light (flash lights seem to appear every year).
Well, then there is Molly.
Molly was the most beautiful, fluffy, soft, white bear you had ever seen. In my very young years I had a strong competitive nature at that time, right? Not only was I competitive, my family was competitive too. I told my dad- you better get me that bear!
WELL, I got the bear. At that young age, I did not realize how other people may have feelings too, so I fought and fought and then I put the pressure on my dad and he fought some more. WINNER....Jenny!
Although, I may have won, I hurt feelings in the time being. I did not know that at the time due to my immaturity (what was my dad's deal then right?).
My grandmother in-law was, let's just say older...and that was my biggest competition. She was really upset that I won (Dad won), Molly!
So, here's to Molly, Ms. Hobbs and my learning experience. I wanted to post a picture of Molly today. She has been a part of my life since that Christmas and very well loved. Now, she is part of my daughter's life and I know will continue to be loved.
Thanks Conner's, Hobb's & Gream's for such a wonderful Christmas experience!!!







2 comments:

Raising Kaitlyn & Conner said...

Yes, Kaitlyn did color on her bed frame.....I was not happy about it nor have I painted over it! Good for OCD Jenny....

Samantha said...

I say take a good picture of it...THEN wash it off. Oh sweet memories...